POSITION TITLE: Project Coordinator
DATE POSITION CLASSIFIED / UPDATED: April 2017
Based in the National Office in Melbourne, the Project Coordinator will assist with the coordination of WorldSkills Regional, National, International and Try’aSkill including activities and programs that will provide valuable pathways for competitors and volunteers.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Leadership and Coordination
- Work closely with the Project Team Leader to coordinate activities and programs of the organisation.
- Work closely with the Project Team Leader to set clear objectives, timeframes and priorities around the operational delivery of WorldSkills programs
- Co-ordinate work flows in conjunction with other areas of the organisation through,
– Working independently as required
– Working in collaboration with Chief Executive Officer, General Manager, Project Team Leader and all WorldSkills Australia staff and volunteers
- Build and maintain effective formal and informal collaborative relationships with multiple stakeholders
- Work closely with all stakeholders to facilitate the implementation of WorldSkills Australia operational Strategy
- Contribute to the operational planning for WorldSkills Australia
Project and Program Delivery
Work closely with the Project Team Leader to deliver WorldSkills Australia Programs including but not limited to:
- Regional Competitions and Regional Committees
- Try’aSkill Programs and activities
- National Competitions
- International Competition and Pathways
- Assist in the coordination of workshops and other programs as required
- Participate in WorldSkills Australia team activities where required
- Undertake higher responsibilities when required
The Project Coordinator reports to the Project Team Leader.
The Project Coordinator role does not have any direct reports.
- Chief Executive Officer
- General Manager
- Project Team Leader
- WorldSkills Australia State & Territory Managers
- WorldSkills Australia Regional Representatives
- WorldSkills Australia Stakeholders
- Suppliers, contractors and partners
The role will be responsible for assisting with the delivery of key projects and the incumbent is expected to work closely with the Project Team Leaders, Project Coordinators and other WorldSkills Australia staff members as well as representatives from WorldSkills Australia’s key stakeholder groups.
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills, including the capacity to liaise with individuals at all levels in a professional, confident, engaging, responsive and timely manner.
- Computer literacy (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Databases, Outlook and Internet).
- Excellent administrative skills ensuring accuracy and high levels of attention to detail in work tasks.
- Strong organisational, initiative and time management skills, and the ability to successfully manage competing interests to meet and achieve deadlines and outcomes.
- Previous experience in project coordination or events desirable but not essential
If you wish to apply for this role, please forward a current copy of your CV plus a cover letter which outlines your experience in relation to the duties listed to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any queries regarding the role, please contact General Manager, Brigitte Collins on (03) 9249 1000. Applications for this role will close on Friday 28 April 2017