WorldSkills Australia | 2023 Medal Design Contest
To design the medals for the 2023 WorldSkills Australia National Championships.
The creator of the winning design will receive:
- A $500 Visa gift card
- An invitation to the Closing Ceremony on 20 August 2023 where they will be acknowledged (winner to pay own travel and accommodation costs if not already attending the event)
- Acknowledgement via the WorldSkills Australia website and social media as well as PR (media coverage is not guaranteed)
- An official letter acknowledging the design for inclusion in your portfolio
- All three medal types are to feature the same design
- The medals can be plated in either gold, silver, bronze, antique gold, antique nickel or antique copper – please select a different colour for each medal type
- Size: 70mm diameter x 6mm thick. Please note: this size is crucial. Any design that deviates from this measurement cannot be considered
- Design – you can use various levels, 3D or different textures and cut-outs provided the final design is no thicker than 6mm and has a diameter no greater than 70mm
- The design is to be on ONE SIDE ONLY – the reverse side will have people’s names engraved upon them
- You can have ONE colour ribbon: however this can change for the gold, silver, bronze – please identify the colour in your design
- There will need to be three types of medals:
- Gold – for first place
- Silver – for second place
- Bronze – for third place
- The medal MUST feature:
- The WorldSkills Australia logo – please download from this link.
- The words “2023 National Championships Melbourne”
Images of the 2018 and 2021 medals are below. Please note this is for reference only.
- Entries close at 5:00pm AESDT on Thursday 22nd December 2022
- The competition is open to students, classes, and individuals with a flair for design
- Entries must be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Entries must include:
- Your contact details (email and phone)
- A short biography of yourself (your team) and explanation on your design
- Designs must be submitted in one attachment as a PDF document
- The winning design will be selected from a panel and announced in January 2023
About WorldSkills Australia
WorldSkills Australia is a social enterprise that passionately believes that skills drive your future and Australia’s prosperity. Since 1981 we have been the leading voice for skills excellence in vocational, technological, and service oriented careers in Australia and have raised the awareness of hundreds of thousands of young Australians, as well as their parents, industry and employers that our nation’s future depends on an effective skills training system. More information at www.worldskills.org.au
The National Championships is Australia’s largest and most successful vocational education excellence competition. Run on a biennial basis, the 2023 Championships will be held at the spectacular Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre (MCEC) on the 17-19 August 2023.
This event will showcase 60+ different skills and brings together thousands of our nation’s best and brightest apprentices and trainees to compete for the title of national champion supported by educators, employers, and industry professionals.
As this is a Championship, WorldSkills Australia recognise the first, second and third place winners of these competitions by awarding medals.
These medals will be presented at an official ceremony to be held on 20 August 2023 at the MCEC.