Competition Preparation Week!
Competition Preparation Week (CPW) has officially kicked off the countdown to the 43rd WorldSkills International Competition to be held in less than 191 days.
CPW will see a cohort of international guests including Chief and Deputy Chief Experts, Technical Delegates and Workshop Managers converge in São Paulo, Brazil from 1 to 5 February, where they will use this week to plan and prepare the final details for their respective skill categories.
Amongst the invitees are Australian representatives:
- Brigitte Collins
- Paul Condron (Welding)
- Troy Everett (Bricklaying)
- Jason Hindes (Cabinetmaking)
- Alan Randall-Smith (Floristry)
- Donna De Maria (Hairdressing)
- Grant Petch (Automobile Technology)
Deputy Chief Experts
- Jarrad Langdon (Web Design)
- Donna Kirby-Drain (Fashion Technology)
- Ian Vickery (Painting & Decorating)
- Sarah Jones (Graphic Design Technology)
- Chris MacDonald (Refrigeration & Air Conditioning)
CPW will also include the launch of the One School One Country programme which will be held on February 3, where participating schools will meet their international delegates for the first time. On 11 August, the Skillaroos and students will get to meet face-to-face at the school.
As part of the Competition Preparation Week, the Commemorative Postage Stamp created in honour of WorldSkills São Paulo, 2015 will officially be unveiled. The stamp which features the event logo and an image of the Cable-stayed Bridge (Octávio Frias de Oliveira) pays homage to the founder of one of the country’s main newspapers and São Paulo’s most famous landmark.
Keep up to date with CPW via the WorldSkills Facebook page.