Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
By accepting these terms and conditions (and participating in the event) you acknowledge the following:
- All competitors under 18 years of age at the date of the competition require the consent of a parent or guardian. This consent is given by the agreement to these terms and conditions by the participant’s legal guardian.
- You will read and adhere to the information contained within the WorldSkills Australia Competition Pack which will outline the Competition details, conditions, health and safety guidelines and the Code of Conduct. The Competition pack will be forwarded to you via separate correspondence.
- You understand additional information may be provided via email or on the website in relation to the competition
- You hereby acknowledge and assume all the personal risks of participating a WorldSkills Australia Competition. Whilst every endeavour will be made to ensure your safety, you acknowledge that participating involves a level of risk.
- You acknowledge that safety precautions undertaken are a service to you and other competitors but are not a guarantee of your safety
- You consent to receiving any medical treatment deemed necessary before, during and/or after the competition as well as the release of any medical information necessary for that treatment
- You agree to be responsible and assume all liability for additional costs incurred in participating the competition, including but not limited to travelling to and from the competition, forgone wages, tools and equipment you are required to bring as indicated in the Competition pack and in the event of an accident medical expenses not covered by the Insurances WorldSkills Australia has in place.
- You acknowledge that you are personally responsible for your possessions.
- You acknowledge that your personal information will be collected, held, used and provided by WorldSkills Australia to persons or organisations associated directly or indirectly with the competition including partners or other stakeholders and service providers (supporters) for purposes connected with the organisation, conduct and promotion of the competition
- You agree that WorldSkills can retain your name and contact details and that they can be supplied to the relevant authorities should they be needed to contact trace to support the governments national health response to Covid-19.
- You agree that your personal information will be collected and held in the organisation’s database which may be used for commercial purposes, including providing information regarding WorldSkills Competitions, future events, product information, special offers from partners, and other opportunities which may support you career or industry. WorldSkills will keep your personal information secure, and your details will not or distributed to any third parties without prior consent.
- WorldSkills Australia will disclose your information to the state/territory government department (or vice versa) in the state/territory that you are competing in to comply with any regulatory reporting requirements and in most instances to the host school / TAFE or Registered Training Organisation (RTO) running the competition.
- You acknowledge that photos and/or video/film footage may be taken during the competition and that your image, name and likeness may be used in future promotional material in relation to WorldSkills Australia, its partners or the VET sectors activities. Please contact us if you do not give permission.
- Please contact your WorldSkills Main Regional Contact (https://www.worldskills.org.au/regions/) if you would like to update any of your personal information, or consent regarding your image being used in photography and videos.
- By competing in a regional you may have the opportunity to participate in the National or International competition however this is not guaranteed (Eligibility Criteria for specific events and progression guidelines are applicable in the determination of an individual’s pathway).
VETiS Terms and Conditions
By signing this Form, all parties are accepting these Terms and Conditions and acknowledge the following:
- The competitor is registering to participate in a WorldSkills Australia Competition. All competitors under the age of 18 at the date of the competition must have the consent of a parent/guardian and Principal (or other nominated school representative) in order to be eligible to compete. Date of birth information is to establish eligibility in the VETiS Regional and if applicable National Competitions.
- Information promoting special offers from partners, career opportunities and industry information may be shared with the competitor.
- The competitor will read and adhere to the information contained within the WorldSkills Australia Competition Pack which outlines the competition details, conditions of entry, health and safety guidelines and the Code of Conduct. This Pack will be forwarded to the competitor upon completion of Registration.
- Additional information in relation to the competition may be provided via email or on the WorldSkills Australia website.
- The decision of the judges is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Whilst every endeavour will be made by WorldSkills Australia to ensure the safety of the competitor, it is not a guarantee of their safety.
- The parent/guardian acknowledges participation involves a level of risk, as such, the parent/guardian acknowledges and assumes all the personal risks of their child participating in a WorldSkills Australia Competition.
- The parent/guardian consents to their child receiving any medical treatment deemed necessary before, during and/or after the competition as well as the release of any medical information necessary for such treatment.
- The parent/guardian is responsible and assumes all liability for additional costs incurred for their child to participate in the competition, including but not limited to travelling to and from the competition host location, forgone wages, tools and equipment the competitor may be required to bring to and use during competition (as outlined in the Competition Pack) and in the event of an accident, any medical expenses not covered by the insurances WorldSkills Australia has in place.
- The competitor is personally responsible for all their possessions prior to, during and after while on site at the competition.
- In line with CovidSafe practice, WorldSkills Australia will retain the competitor’s name and contact details and will supply this information to the relevant government authorities should contact tracing be required.
- By competing in a Regional Competition, the competitor may have the opportunity to participate in the National competition however this is not guaranteed. Eligibility Criteria for specific events and progression guidelines are applicable in the determination of an individual’s pathway. For more information – https:// worldskills.org.au/get-involved/compete-eoi/.
Code of Conduct
The WorldSkills Australia Code of Conduct is based on ethical and professional values and relates to all representatives(including staff, volunteers and competitors) of WorldSkills Australia participating in WorldSkills Australia relatedactivities. Serious breaches of this code may lead to action such as exclusion from WorldSkills Australia activities,including the WorldSkills Australia Regional Competition.
The Code sets the standards for WorldSkills Australia to maintain an ethical approach in all associated activities.
EACH REPRESENTATIVE OF WORLDSKILLS AUSTRALIA WILL:
This Code of Conduct is based on ethical and professional values and relates to all representatives of WorldSkillsAustralia participating in WorldSkills Australia competitions and activities. Serious breaches of this code may lead toaction such as exclusion from future WorldSkills Australia related activities.