VOLUNTEER EXPRESSION OF INTEREST – TECHNICAL DELEGATE ASSISTANT AND TEAM LEADER ROLES – 17th WORLDSKILLS COMPETITION – LYON FRANCE
WorldSkills Australia is seeking expressions of interest for the roles of Technical Delegate Assistants and Competitor Team Leaders in the lead up to and during the 47h WorldSkills Competition being held in Lyon, France in September 2024.
With a sound knowledge of WorldSkills Australia, a demonstrated commitment to the WorldSkills spirit and values and a passion for working with young adults to help them achieve their best, you will be required to work closely with Competitors, Experts and Team Management to ensure WorldSkills Australia builds on the success of the 2022 Skillaroos and Team Australia.
For further information please contact Brigitte Collins, WSA General Manager and Technical Delegate on (03) 9249 1000.
Written applications for the position outlining your experience and addressing the essential requirements in the position description, together with a current CV, should be forwarded to the firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday 14 July 2023.
VOLUNTEER EXPRESSION OF INTEREST – TRAINING MANAGER/INTERNATIONAL EXPERT – 17th WORLDSKILLS COMPETITION – LYON FRANCE
The WorldSkills Australia Training Manager/International Expert requires a unique and specific set of skills and experience. To be suitably prepared for an International Competition, individuals require extensive experience and expertise in the WorldSkills arena, as well as having the ability to perform in a high-pressure international environment.
A position description can be found below. For further information please contact Brigitte Collins, WSA General Manager and Technical Delegate on (03) 9249 1000.
To apply for the role of Training Manager/Expert for your skill area– please follow the link in the PD to submit your application by COB Friday 21 July 2023
Volunteers Expression of Interest – National Championships 2023 – Melbourne
Interested in registering as a customer service volunteer for our National Championships in August?
Judges – Regional Competition 2022
As a Judge, your role is to draw on your expertise to run Skill based Assessments on behalf of WorldSkills Australia. Every competition skill requires a different number of judges. It is recommended that trainers of competitors where possible not judge the competition, however if they do, they should not judge their own competitor.
- Current related industry experience and knowledge
- Assessment of the competitors’ work to the WorldSkills Marking scale requirements
- Monitors competitors to ensure appropriate safety practices, etc.
Convenors– Regional Competition 2022
The Convenor/s is an essential role in the preparation of the regional competition. The Convenor/s should be familiar with the skill area they are responsible for organising.
- Source the Judges for the day of competition
- Source Competitors for the competition through network
- Organise all equipment as per competition project guidelines
- Source, order and prepare all consumable materials as per competition project guidelines
- Confirm venue details, access, parking and meal arrangements and a timetable for the day’s events, including bump-in, competition start time, debrief and bump-out for competitors and judges
- Print competition projects for all Competitors
- Print marking sheets for the Judges
- Coordinate the certificates and medals with the Main Regional Coordinator/Competition Organiser or WorldSkills Australia
- Ensure all competitors are registered on the WorldSkills Australia Database
- Ensure the Main Regional Coordinator has received all the final assessment information and results from the Chief judge to input into the database
- The convenor must have a Working with Children Check (WWCC) or equivalent according to their relevant State or Territory requirements.
“It’s great being able to see the whole site, all the skill areas, catch up with old friends and make new ones, and appreciate all the wonderful skills on show from very skilled young people who are making and will continue to make a tremendous contribution to their chosen trades and careers in years to come.” Thais Turner, Library Manager at TAFE NSW SWSi – Lidcombe College and WSA volunteer
Sign Up to SkillNews
SkillNews is WorldSkills Australia’s monthly e-newsletter. Sign up now to receive regular updates on competitions, volunteer opportunities and much more.