Competitions take place every two years in 30 Regions across Australia. No matter where you live, be it Melbourne, Bunbury, Darwin, Townsville, Sydney or Hobart, there is a WorldSkills Australia Competition waiting for you. Regional competitions run over one or two days and consist of projects to be completed within a set time frame.
Following the Regional competitions, the best competitors have the opportunity to take the challenge further and participate in the WorldSkills Australia National Competition. Those successful at the National level may then be invited to represent their country at the International Competition and become a member of the Team Australia Skillaroos.
What you need to know
- Competitions rotate every year between Regional and National competitions, find out when the next round of Regional Competitions are on from your Main Regional Coordinator.
- A competitor must either live, work or study in the region that they compete in.
- Anyone of any age is welcome to enter an open category Regional Competition.
- Competitors must be within the WorldSkills competition age limit to compete nationally and internationally.
- The VETiS categories can only be entered by students enrolled in secondary school
- Students, trainees and apprentices can talk to their Main Regional Coordinator to determine which Region they can compete in.
- Potential competitors are encouraged to discuss their interest in competing with their training provider or employer before entering as some competitions take place during working hours.
- Projects run at a Regional level are skill specific and designed against national training standards and are completed within a set time frame. To find out more about Regional projects contact the Main Regional Coordinator closest to you.
How to get started?
- Identify your Region
- Identify your WSA category
- Register for more information regarding upcoming Regional competitions
- Wait to hear from your Main Regional Coordinator
- Prepare yourself for the ultimate skills challenge!