The Australian Overseas Foundation (AOF) was established to provide talented young Australians, who have completed a trade or apprenticeship, with the opportunity to travel overseas to develop not only work skills but also life skills. This is achieved through the provision of financial assistance to live and work in the country of their choice.
Scholarship recipients are given the opportunity to organise their work placement, travel and everything in between. Upon their return home they can bring with them their new skills and experiences for the benefit of their own career development and the Australian industry.
Benefits of the AOF Scholarship:
- Overseas travel;
- Meet people in a foreign country and learn about their customs and lifestyle;
- Extend technical expertise via appropriate on the job work experience;
- Advanced employability in Australia; and
- Be recognised by your employers and further to that, your industry.
The 2011 AOF scholarship recipients are:
- Jason Bryan – Systems Electrician
- Natasha D’Allura – Hair Stylist
- Daniel Oswin – Turf Manager
- Patrick Pigott – Electrician
- Audrey Toth – Gemstone Setter
WorldSkills Australia has been affiliated with the AOF since 2003 and assists with the application process for WorldSkills Australia National Competition medallists.
For more information about the Australia Overseas Foundation visit www.aof.org.au