Opportunity: Video your way to Abu Dhabi
Calling all budding vloggers – tell us your story about how skills have launched careers, built character, confidence, or success and you could be named as the OFFICIAL VLOGGER 44th WorldSkills International competition in Abu Dhabi in October.
Entry is easy and free!
You must be aged between 18 and 25 then just make a two-minute video promoting the theme #SkillsForAll. Share it on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or YouTube by Sunday 9 July using the #SkillsForAll and #WYSD and complete the submission form then sit back and await to hear if you have been selected as the official vlogger.
Winners must be available to be in Abu Dhabi 10 – 21 October 2017. The prize includes:
- Flights (economy class)
- Hotel accommodation
- Ground transportation
- Media accreditation with exclusive access to the event so you will go behind the scenes to capture what it takes to put on the world’s largest skills competition
- All meals
Here are some hints and tips to help you on your way:
- Your video must give your perspective on the theme #SkillsForAll – we want to hear how skills create more positive futures for young people
- The video can be of your story or the story of someone who inspires you
- You don’t have to be a master videographer or have fancy equipment. Just a phone or camera and an interesting idea could earn you a trip to the Middle East.
- Show us your outgoing, on camera skills. We are looking for personality and comfort in front of the camera.
- Check your audio and lighting to ensure we can hear and see you and any on-camera guests.
- Go on location. Find cool spots to capture your story.
- Be bold and creative.
- Have fun! Lots of it! This could be your ticket to Abu Dhabi!
The winner will be decided by WorldSkills International and will be announced by the end of July.
More details are available at https://www.worldskills.org/what/promoting-skills/world-youth-skills-day/2017/