_National Careers Institute
The National Careers Institute (NCI) was established to ensure people have access to authoritative and accurate careers information and support irrespective of their age or career stage.
Their vision is to be Australia’s recognised source of independent and impartial careers information.
The foundation of NCI’s work is the world-leading labour market intelligence provided by the National Skills Commission.
The strategic direction of this work is guided by the NCI Advisory Board. Members of the board represent a diverse cross section of Australian business, industry, and education providers.
Since NCI commenced on 1 July 2019, they have:
- consulted with over 10,000 people around Australia to co-design the role, priorities and goals of the NCI
- delivered YourCareer.gov.au to give people access to authoritative careers information and support
- delivered the School Leavers Information Kit and School Leavers Information Service to provide 2020 school leavers with tailored careers support and guidance
- administered our Partnerships Grants program to develop better career services for people at all stages of their careers
- promoted Australian Apprenticeships and Vocational Education and Training (VET) via the VET Information Strategy, the 2019 Australian Training Awards, the Australian VET Alumni and National Careers Ambassador.
NCI was formed by the Australian Government through its 2019-20 Federal Budget measure, Delivering Skills for Today and Tomorrow which lays the foundation for the Government’s commitment to strengthening and modernising the national skills and careers sectors.