VETiS Information Technology Competition
Information Technology offers a broad range of job opportunities, from computer support to computer programming and software development. Information and Communications Technology Professionals operate application software packages, create user documentation, and provide advice to clients.
The VETiS Information Technology Competition is designed to evaluate the Competitors ability to develop solutions and productivity gains through the expansion and integration of Information and Communication Technology systems.
YOU SHOULD PURSUE A CAREER IN INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY IF YOU:
- Enjoy working with computers
- Have a technical aptitude
- Are adaptable to technological change
- Enjoy working with databases
IT ALL BEGINS AT A REGIONAL COMPETITION
The WorldSkills Australia VETiS Information Technology Competitions begin at a grass roots level in one of 42 Australian regions. The VETiS Information Technology Regional Competitions test the skills and knowledge of 4000+ apprentices, trainees and students, who have the opportunity to win gold, silver and bronze medals and gain the chance to go on to compete at a national level.
WorldSkills Australia competitions operate on a two-year cycle. The next VETiS Information Technology Regional Competition rounds are now running across the country. 2023 and 2025 are the next National Championship years.
Register your interest to compete in VETiS Information Technology
Training Package Requirements
The WorldSkills Australia VETiS Information Technology Competitions are aligned to the National Information and Communications Technology Training Package.
Training Package Requirements – Regional Level
The 2022 WorldSkills Australia Regional Competition in VETiS Information Technology aligns to the Units of Competency contained in the ICT30120 Certificate III in Information Technology Qualification.
The Regional competition is designed to evaluate Competitors’ ability to develop ICT solutions to problems faced by public and commercial organisations. The competition is based on a real organisation however the scenario is fictional.
The project is based on:
- Microsoft Windows 10 – Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Publisher, Word
- Virtual Machine Software – VM Ware or VirtualBox (free) preferably with an unformatted virtual machine created
- Installation Files on USB Drive Files of: Windows 10 or a Linux Distribution (preference is Windows 10)
Regional Competition Tasks
- Design documents to meet organisational needs
- Produce required documents to a new format
- Install an operating system/Document for client
Regionals Competition Duration
The competition time is 4.5 hours over 1 day not including breaks or briefing.
Training Package Requirements – National Level
The 2023 WorldSkills Australia National Competition for VETiS Information Technology aligns to the Units of Competency contained in the ICT30120 Certificate III in Information Technology Qualification.
The National Competition for VETiS is designed to evaluate the competitor’s ability to apply foundational knowledge towards technologies, processes, procedures, policies, people and clients.
National Competition Tasks
- Work and communicate effectively in an ICT environment
- Create user documentation
- Install and optimise operating system software
- Run standard diagnostic tests
- Operate application software packages
Nationals Competition Duration
The competition time is 15 hours over 3 days not including breaks or briefing.
Find out more about training options
myskills website is the national directory of Vocational Education and Training (VET) organisations and courses.
Learn more about this course by following the following link Certificate III in Information Technology